Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan, was the birthplace of gifted education in 1973. In order to play a pioneer role and to reinforce the development of gifted education in Taipei, the municipal government announced “The White Paper on Taipei’s Gifted Education” in February, 2000, and established “Taipei Gifted Education Resource Center” at Taipei Municipal Chien-Kuo Senior High School on August 1st, 2000. Our objectives mainly consist of establishing a good support system for gifted education, providing services of gifted education, promoting knowledge of gifted education, reforming regular education, etc.
Currently our center has been involved in integrating the resources of gifted education in Taipei, holding related educational activities, and carrying out research in gifted education as well as in related areas. We hope that parents and educators will obtain the most updated knowledge about teaching and counseling gifted students. Ultimately, students will be benefited by being able to actualize their potential and develop their multiple intelligence.
Goals and Objectives:
- Services: establish and provide resources on gifted education
- a.Collect and integrate resources on gifted education.
- b.Provide and apply the resources on gifted education.
- Promotion: conduct and promote activities on gifted education
- a.Hold and promote activities of gifted education.
- b.Promote and publicize knowledge of gifted education.
- c.Exchange hands-on experience, research and studies in gifted education.
- Research: develop curricula, teaching materials, identification assessments, and counseling programs on gifted education.
- a.Develop and apply resources on gifted education.
- b.Design and conduct research on curricula and teaching materials of gifted education.
- c.Design and conduct research on counseling schemes for gifted students.